Sunday, April 26, 2009

God in mud puddles

We can see dandelions as a weed that invades the pristine beauty of our gardens.Or, we can see it as a beautiful flower or a fluffy white ball to wish upon.
We can see a mud puddle and see only dirty shoes, soiled clothes, and stained carpets.Or, we can see it as a pool to stomp in, splash around in, and have fun.
We can feel a wind and worry about how it will mess our hair or toss leaves on our manicured lawns.Or, we can close our eyes, let it massage our face, and imagine we’re soaring on an updraft like an eagle.
We can see a rain storm and see only that we will be drenched, depressed by the grayness, and that the warm rays of the sun will disappear.Or, we can sing and play in the rain as if it was a water fountain, realize the raindrops are nourishing our gardens, and think warmly of the sun that still shines above the gray clouds.
I find my God in mud puddles. Yes I find Him in the unexpected and extraordinary, but I also find Him in the ordinary and messy places of life. As I discover God's footprints in increasingly unlikely places, my understanding of his beauty, love and power continues to grow and I fall all the more head over heels in love with Him.
My breath is continually snatched away by the beauty of His splendor! I'm in awe of the fun, freedom and fabulosity I have in Him.
I love this quote.........
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take - but by the moments that take our breath away."
Now go find a mud puddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment