Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stargazing



I don't remember a time I haven't been fascinated by the night sky and the heavenly bodies. Even as a child I could lie for hours staring into it. Somewhere in Genesis there is mention of the "stars number being as great in number as the sands of the seashore".


It fascinates me that this book we hold that was written by man’s hand....the inspired Word of God, some 4,000 years ago, foretells us what we are just beginning to find out.

It proves to me that the vast reaches of the heavenly spaces were—and are—utterly incomprehensible to man. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah55:9



If fascinates me to think that possibly there are others out there that He has revealed Himself too in the same manner. We see the physical realm through telescopes but what of the spiritual realm......holy cow. And the above video was pointed at ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!!

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2Corinthians5:6-8

He set the earth on its foundations and flung the galaxies into the orbit of the Heavenlies. It makes me long for eternity to explore the mysteries He has so perfectly set in place. Like Captain Kirk or Jean Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise....
My all time favorite TV.

It affects my faith journey in that it validates that mans intellectual and finite means cannot wrap itself around an INFINITE CREATOR. It proves to me that Darwinism has nothing on Creationism....It affects me like a little kid standing at the gate of Disney World.


Ephesians 2:6-7
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:1-4
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory"

GLORY!!!!!
Though I'm not a child anymore I will continue to lie down in the cool damp grass of the summer nights and gaze in AWE into the universe that He has so magnificently created for our pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment