Monday, January 10, 2011

A HEART IN LOVE

holy experience


Today's echo, last weeks pain.

Our hearts say goodbye... over time.

"Record my lament; list my tears on your scroll--are they not in your record?"

My heart is still in mourning and heavy as I attempt to reckon my friend Karen...her passing...into Jesus' arms. As I sat in her service this week, surrounded by hundreds of people (her precious children front and center) with like understanding I was struck by the chord of unity in that understanding. Sorrowful but not without hope.
Even in our deepest sorrow, God cares! Jesus reminds us of how much God understands us--He knows even the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30).
Often we waver between faith and fear. God knows every problem and sees every tear.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ the Father of compassions and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

When God comforts us, should our troubles dissolve like snowflakes on warm ground? If this were so, wouldn't we turn to Him only out of a desire to be relieved of pain and not out of love for Him?

His comfort...
receiving strength to walk through...
encouragement to endure...
and hope to strive and withstand.

The 'WHAT' we endure will help us comfort others who are suffering similarly.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;

Praise Him, all creatures here below;

Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host;

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
 
This week as I join Ann Voskamp and many other women counting our thanksgivings as an act of worship, I again have but one.
 
#123
A heart that beats IN LOVE with my Heavenly Father.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment