Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mortar

 
holy experience



Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

One thing this week... has kept me. As the busy moments, hours and days swept by. Lunches made, schedules organized, appointments made,  and off to work hoping I grabed two black shoes that match. Running home to prepare dinner for the hungry crew and finally ahhhhhhh my jammies.
As it is for mom's across the globe. One thing cements, reinforces, solidfys, stabilizes, strengthens and unifies my week.
It is my Mortar and it is His WORD!!!





Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


Continuing on with my adventure, I set out to look for Him in the unexpected this week.
I sang out in worship
as the elderly man next to me stood silent. As we went to our last song The familar melody rang out. "Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me... "
From the first note he sang out loud and confident on every word. I occupied my space quietly.  Smiled and took in the strength and conviction in his voice.






#130-135
I am thankful that out of His good pleasure alone, God chose to save a vile wretch like me.

For the salvation of my family.

For God's vocabulary spoken throughout history and His Glory that is embeded in every created thing.

Sundays..."For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son" and "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound"

Warm embraces

Hope



No comments:

Post a Comment