Wednesday, March 7, 2012

40 sextillion stars

Wednesday's Word



Milky over Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn

Milky-Way Nasa.gov



Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.


Our solar system has approximately 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars. In other words 40 sextillion stars. H O L Y!!!
Not only did He create them...each one, but He knows them each by name!
If that doesn't put things in perspective then nothing will.
He knows our names, our needs, our desires, our struggles, our fears, our longings, our humor and funny bone, our dreams and aspirations, our motivations, our goals, our physiology and so on and so forth.

I don't know about anyone else but i will say this, I am stilled, paused, in awe and in Love with God Almighty the Creator of a vast universe who flung the stars into the heavenlies and knows me, my inward parts and my name.
Praise be to Him...I love you Dad!


6 comments:

  1. You've been tagged! Come by my blog to learn more... http://thoughtsonbookss.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Solar System has ONE star its called the SUN!
    Our Galaxy, The Milky Way has about 400 Billion Stars
    The Universe is estimated to have around 300 sextillion stars!
    They werent "flung" into the "Heavens" either..
    Stars are dying and being born every minute all over the universe..
    It is a beautiful part of the Evolution of our Universe..
    Maybe you should research Astronomy or flip through a Science textbook,
    before posting false information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous. My blog is my personal space of expression, worship and thoughts. I'm not writing a thesis, a book or even a science journal.
    Glad you stopped by. I'm always happy to hear peoples opinions and thoughts. Sounds like my post hit a nerve for you.
    I love this country and our freedom of expression. Whether I agree with anothers opinion or not, I love it.
    When you stop by personal blog sites there is bound to be disagreeable material. The great thing is you don't have to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This appears to actually be a photo of the Andromeda Galaxy, not the Milky Way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow good thing I'm not writing for science books and such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed :) If it makes you feel any better, they say if someone could get that far from the Milky Way, it would probably look similar to the Andromeda Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete