Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NEW SYMBOL


“I am proud to be an American. I'm proud of the freedoms we enjoy because of the brave men and women serving this great country and who have served.” Carrie Prejean

AMEN SISTA
In Case you missed this tempest in a teapot, recently we viewed the Miss USA pageant in shock and awe in regards to one loaded question and one profound answer. One of the contestants, Carrie Prejean, during the interview segment, was asked a question in regard to Gay Marriage by openly gay Perez Hilton. The contestant came in second, and after the Pageant, Perez lashed out with vicious profanities re; “the dumb b----,” Carrie on his blog.

Carrie Prejean of California is making headlines for actually having an opinion beyond "world peace is a good thing." Miss California's answer,
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. (ok the wording is a little strange) And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

That’s what’s so great about being an American - we’re able to have our own opinions. Being a Christian conservative I fall into the Prejean camp of “family values” however; I love this country and I love the freedom we exercise on a daily basis. From Perez’s’ freedom to his mindless daily ramblings to my ability to gather weekly with my church family and worship my Abba Father who died for each and every one of us. We live in the best country in the world and I stand for freedom of speech....whatever your opinion is!

God bless you, Carrie, for standing by your convictions and your faith in God. It must have been tempting to compromise your integrity (I sure wish you had not posed in some of those shots though). No doubt it’s been a difficult few weeks for you, considering the many attacks from total strangers you’ve endured, but you’ve also sparked a tremendous amount of people who are shocked by so many people’s desire to rob you of your First Amendment rights. You’ve become a symbol of free speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment