Sunday, May 3, 2009

My TRUE reflection



I can just see her now. She is very domesticated (does everything from scratch whether it is something to eat, something to wear, or something to hang on the walls or cover the beds/windows). Anything that can be recycled it is. She is so organized that there is never any wasted time or energy. Her children are home schooled. She is creative and imaginative. Bargain hunting is a breeze. It seems that everything she touches turns to gold.

She is the "perfect" weight, well liked, fits in and everyone wants to be around her. She is smart, motivated and really seems to have arrived. Surely she does devotions every morning and has secured a mansion of eternal glory probably not far above the mansion she currently lives in.

Yet really there is no way to see the secret pain that she may possibly be living in or the potential bondage that comes from the energy of keeping up such a facade.

I have felt so inadequate and so far behind when I think about such things that I am defeated before I ever get out my front door.

Why?

  • How many talents have been entrusted to me?
  • Will I multiply what I'm entrusted with, or focus on anothers talents?

Sound familiar? I've talked to many women over the years who have in fact shared such an inward battle as this.

I too have felt so defeated that I have wanted to give up before I even started. If we play this game of life like we will never arrive,
then we play like we have already lost........like losers.

How can we over come these feelings?
When we are surrounded by those with a better "score" than ours,

BELIEVE GOD!

Isaiah 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. My righteous deeds are but filthy rags.


Peter tells us in 1 Peter 1:7 "of what greater worth or value than gold is our FAITH!
Not our righteous acts but our FAITH is credited to our account as righteousness. God wants to heal our hearts and change us from the inside.

He has a purpose for our lives.


Too much adventure stands to be missed to live beneath our talent.
If faith pleases God, let us exercise it lavishly.

We must spend time with the Lover of our soul, absorbing His living life giving word down to our very marrow.
I've come to realize that by keeping my eyes determinedly focused on Him, I'm focused on the One who is solely qualified to show me my TRUE reflection.

I want to play like a winner in this game called life.
I want to be ALL He created me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment