Saturday, May 16, 2009

Her own private war

As I lay watching her documentary, I was in awe of a brave and beautiful woman laying bare the brutal reality of her two and a half year battle with cancer. In awe of an icon whose beauty defined a decade and whose strength and bravery are defining her final chapter.
Farrah Fawcett is ‘praying for a miracle’ in her battle with cancer.

The ‘Charlie’s Angels’ actress has undergone an unsuccessful spout of radiation and chemotherapy treatments in a bid to beat anal cancer, but she insists she has not given up a fight.
She said, “Cancer is a disease that is mysterious, headstrong and makes its own rules. And mine, to this date, is incurable.
I know that everyone will die eventually, but I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive. So I say to God-because it is, after all, in his hands-It is seriously time for a miracle’”

In a documentary of her battle with cancer, the actress tells of how she never expected in her lifetime to be stricken by the disease, and says the diagnosis instantly changed her priorities.
She said, “All of the things I have ever hoped for in my life, finding a doctor to surgically remove my anal cancer did not even make the top one million on my list.
“But now it is number one, number one as in primary cancer, meaning was the first in and for that reason, it needed to be the first out. Because this peanut-sized tumour that has sent its army of mutant cells to my liver. And it would continue to send reinforcements into any organ into my body unless someone did something to stop it.”
This is an incredibly intimate and moving story.
These words “So I say to God, because it is, after all, in his hands: It is seriously time for a miracle."
We are praying for you girl. Praying for your husband and your son as well. May they see Jesus face as you look to Him for strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment