Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Power of our Faith

Wednesday's Word


Just prior to these words David was feeling
Alone, Forgotten, Ignored and Weak. Almost defeated. Constantly hassled by his enemies.

He was crying out:

LORD DID YOU FORGET ME? HOW LONG MUST I STRUGGLE?

I love how vulnerable and transparent he is before his Daddy.

Even those not new to their faith in the One True God
experience attacks from all sides, and it seems that trouble and her sister distress are around every corner.

In verse 4, David is dreading how his enemies will gloat and rejoice over his defeat.

I too struggle with this at times and find myself crying out to Him to make it all RIGHT!

To turn on a radio, tv or sit to the internet, is to be overtaken with fear and trepidation in all that swirls about, not only in our country but our world.

 In verse 5 David's tone changes. He looks above his fears and throws himself into the arms of the Lord.

We must do the same. When we sink low into the despair and hopelessness of what seems certain defeat, we must look up to the Lord and say:

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to YOU Lord because YOU are good to me.

That's the power of our faith. That's a test of our faith. That's what can happen when we draw near to God. If we bring it all to Him and leave it there, through His grace and mercy He will enable us to sing again. He will rescue us.

My prayer this week as I struggle with finding emotional strength for my family and my ailing father in law is simply this:
  • Help me to trust
  • Help my heart to rejoice
  • Help keep the song alive in my heart

3 comments:

  1. HI Robin - amen, His unfailing love. Just to remember it before we go round and round the same tree. Thankful always for His grace and patience with me. Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfailing love, He rescues us, grace, mercy, helps us sing again..promises we have seen again and again! Hang on, stay strong, run to the strong tower! LUVS!

    ReplyDelete