Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It happens in a B L I N K

Wednesday's Word

"Teach me to number my days".


That's one of my favorite lines from Revives single, Blink. So poignant and so true these words!

I was driving home today from running a few errands, the sun was out and there was a crisp winters chill in the air. Summer is by far my favorite season, however not much beats a clear, cold, crisp and sunny winters day.

Blink is one of my favorite songs right now but not until today did the words paint on a fresh canvas for me.
With the loss of three dear people I loved this last year (gone in a blink), children that have grown up way too fast (try to hold on tight), new fine lines mapping my face (happened in a flash) and a high school graduation just beyond the bend (it happened in the time it took to look back)
I continue to find myself quite reminiscent.








What am I going to do with the time I've been given?



Oh Lord help me to slow. Help me to not let one drop of this life not breathe and pulse to give you Glory!


Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment