Monday, January 16, 2012

Lucy, Carol and Bob





Some days, you have a decision to make... either plow through or go back to bed...

and SOME days that decision gets tested.

I keep waiting for life to lighten. It's been a rough 365+ days. Ready to start out the New Year with a bang!
Proved that theory true with 3 (yes I said 3) separate episodes of stomach flu since the 1st. And what gets me....WHAT REALLY TESTS ME...
is I've only lost 1#. I could stand to lose a third grader off these hips and all I get is 1 lousy pound. With all the knee time I devoted I should have lost 2 third graders!!!!
Seriously???
I find myself asking...
What would three of my favorite people in the world tell me right now...









"Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on."
~Bob Newhart~

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore ones faith."
~Lucille Ball~

"Comedy is tragedy plus time."
~Carol Burnett~








I drove up to Starbucks not too long ago, put my arm out to the window and begged them to just start a drip right there.
Ahh well it could always be worse right! Having energy is over rated.


With that said, I continue my pursuit with this community of women who have devoted themselves to OPERATION PURPOSEFUL GRATTITUDE!
A list of a Thousand things, beginning with #1. Daily jotting down items on my Thousand Gifts list, working, one-by-one, up to a thousand gifts.



#258
Laughter is medicine for the soul

#259
Thankful for a career that stands the test in these uncertain times

#260
That the stomach flu will go away...it's not a cancer diagnosis

#261
Fresh paint on my bedroom walls, so serene.

#262
Listening to the stories of my daughters last perfomance at the Hult Center

#263
Secrets told by a friend

#264
A fresh fall of snow

#265
An adoring son who takes such good care of me

#266
A great man who works hard and loves me equally

#267
My great big Father who watches by day and night!







































3 comments:

  1. Love you list. You always make me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - you made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy & Mary :) Thanks for stopping by.
    Glad to give ya'll a chuckle to start your week!

    ReplyDelete